Friday, May 11, 2007

Four Years in Australia Went Fast


I arrived in Tasmania via Sydney in May of 2003. Since then, I have lived in two towns in Tasmania, two in Victoria and two in New South Wales. By far, I prefer Hobart and Binalong Bay to Sydney and Melbourne. To those who also love Tasmania, no explanation is necessary. To those who love Sydney and Melbourne, no explanation is possible.

So here I am 4 years on. I'm no longer doing what I set out to do, but I am no less a Tasmaniac. Just love this place and pace, and 10 weeks in USA convinced me this is my true home. The Department of Immigration & Citizenship willing.

I have not updated my blog for 5 months because I've been engrossed in red tape of a visa extension, so I can continue to live and contribute to my chosen community. In the interim I have turned 6-0, lost touch with some mainlanders and made new friends on this tiny island at the edge of the planet. I have quit working on two enterprises and started two new endeavors. I never run out of ideas and fun things to do, albeit sometimes run out of energy and funds to live larger. Cést le vie!

Until the next chapter, Dee

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pics of your travels, any recent posts or email contact :)
countree60
beadsofglass@westnet.com.au

 

Post a Comment

<< Home