Saturday, September 23, 2006

Deetouring around the good ole USA


I'm stateside for 10 weeks to visit friends and family. After my birthfather died in June in Wisc. and my birthmother in Indiana had a series of strokes, I decided it was better to move up my business trip by 5 weeks to make sure I didn't miss another funeral and burial.

I'm in the middle of the cornfields, next to nowhere, somewhere in Mid-America. Dial up, not broadband, beer, not good Aussie wine, reading, not stupid TV & movies. Thankfully, my mother is good company and I'm getting a lot of oral history while we build photo albums of my journeys and of her many grandchildren.

Diversions besides counting corn cobs include cycling around the lake, pub and festival crawling for bluegrass music, and golfing in the middle of acres and acres of soybeans.

It is strange to be back, but looking forward to meeting up with my friends across my trwavels to PA, CA, KS and CO before departing for DownUnder home in mid-Nov.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home