Monday, September 12, 2005

Egypt at last?


I got close, back in 1982 when I was in Greece. Met an Aussie on holiday in Athens who told me I should extend my vacation and travel onto Egypt. Wish I had, as it has rarely been safe since then for an American passport holder to travel to the classical sites. But I'm gonna try to get there next year to celebrate my final birthday (59!) inside the royal tombs in the Valley of Queens.

I recently talked my golf caddy in Byron Bay into putting together a distinctive dee-tour. When not on the golf course chasing up my errant balls, she's a tour guide and amateur archaeologist. Who better to tour the bazaars, museums, temples and belly dancing schools with?

If you've always wanted to explore Egypt, grab your friends and meet us in Cairo after Easter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home