Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Ex-Pats Living And Thriving Down Under

Check out my article that ran recently on escapeartist.com.

Australia and New Zealand are very appealing to Americans because of the similarities in lifestyle, language and currency - and for a lot more reasons, politics aside. There’s a plethora of MIAs (migration agents) and unique services like BMI (Business Migration Investments & Tours) that are headed by ex-pat Americans eager to help you make the “sea change.” And there are organisations like AAA (Australian-American Association) and Newcomers Network to tell you where to go to network with fellow ex-pats.
Escape Artist is part of a group of online magazines published by International Living. I subscribed to both prior to moving downunder, and highly recommend that you sign up today if you want to move here tomorrow. Just do it!

1 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger outoutout said...

Hi Dee!

I knew I recognised your name somewhere...anyway, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Tori and I'm an American living in Darwin. I run a website called Yanks Down Under
http://p3.forumforfree.com/yanksdownunder.hmtl
It's a friendly community of people who have "been there and done that", and we'd welcome anyone who is thinking of moving to Oz.

One thing I have to say, I think your escapeartist.com article glossed over the fact that getting an Australian visa can be really HARD for some people. Not everyone qualifies, and the process itself can be long and drawn-out.

Anyway, hope you don't mind if I add your blog to my Yanks Down Under Webring. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home